I got nominated for “The Mystery Blog Award”. I’d like to thank Bhavana of Colourful Canvas for the award. It came as a surprise and as it requires one to answer questions and follow certain rules (I am not too good with rules:)) , it took me a week to write about it.
To all those who take the time to read my posts and comment on it, I want to say “Thank you” because your comments matter and they encourage me to strive to write better. This award is because of you.
Colourful Canvas like the name suggests, is a bright, eye-catching site full of the colors of life. Bhavana adds her uniqueness to this by writing about daily experiences and does a lot of DIY crafts as well. Actually think “color” and you get “colorful canvas”. Do check her site out to know more.
Coming to the award, The Mystery blog award was created by Okoto Enigma. Receiving it just when I completed one year in the blogging world, felt fantastic. So thanks to Bhavana again.
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share and link to your best post.
3 things about myself
- I like accounting for my time whether it be working or holidaying or blogging or spending time with family or staring at the sky and appreciating nature.
- I love baking with my girls’ but I am still a novice and really wish I could bake a really nice cake on their birthday some day, one all decorated and perfectly presented.
- I have a driving license but I can’t drive. I use my license as my I.D. card 😦
My answers to the questions by colourful canvass
- According to you what color would represents your personality & why?
I love the color yellow because it’s bright and cheery. Thanks to this question, I did a color personality test and as per the test ‘green’ defines my personality. So green, it is!
2.What is the best thing you liked about yourself?
I am totally aware of my strengths and weaknesses and I am willing to apologize when I make a mistake.
3.How blogging has changed your life?
Blogging is one of the best things that happened to me. It’s given me something to look forward to on a daily basis and I am no more limited to the mundane world of banking. I have also learnt a lot about different cultures, people,writing; over the last one year. It’s been great not restricting myself to talking to a few people around me but rather like-minded people around the globe. Also, I’d like to say the blogging fraternity on WordPress has members who are talented, encouraging and generous with their compliments. It’s a kinder world out here.
4.When you are with friends what is that special food item/items you always crave for?
I used to crave for hot molten chocolate cake with a scoop of cold vanilla ice-cream but not anymore, as I am fully aware of it’s effect on my waist-line. So now a cup of coffee with friends, works as well.
5.What is your dream destination for travelling?
Ok. This question is easy. I wish to travel to Iceland to see the aurora. My sister visited the place last year and sent me pictures. Seeing it in pictures was magical. I can’t imagine how it would be in real, to lie beneath the stars and watch the sky light up.
Thanks Bhavana for the simple yet thought provoking questions. They made me stop for a while and think.
My nominees for this award are:
Questions for my nominees
- What is the one thing that you are truly grateful for?
- What is the one most important lesson life has taught you?
- Do you prefer having a 1000 followers on your site who don’t have the time to like or comment on your post or a few who take the time to like and comment?
- Any memory in life that no matter how many times you think of it, never fails to make you laugh.
- What do you love about yourself?
To my nominees, I’d like to say, answering these questions is not obligatory. Just want to say, keep on the good work with your awesome blogs and thank you for your constant feedback on my posts.
For newcomers to my blog, do share the links to your blogs on the comments section, if you like. Would love to check out your blogs and get to know you better. Also, if you’d like to tell me ways to improve my writing or my blog itself, please feel free to share your views. Have a great day!
Copyright©,2017. lifeateacher.wordpress.com. All Rights Reserved.