A lovely Friday morning, the first day of the weekend, woke up and found a message on WordPress that I had been nominated by Shalini for the Liebster award. Shalini writes book reviews and does a very good job of it. If you have not checked out her blog, do check it bookreviewsbyShalini Her post on the award clearly shows she is not only an avid reader but a really good writer too.
Thanks Shalini for the pleasant surprise. Her message informing me of the award, went on to say “Answer from your heart, don’t overthink my questions 😉 “. So before responding or thanking Shalini, I checked out her questions. Knowing Shalini as a young, creative mind, needed to know what I was getting myself into ;). Shalini’s questions were just like her – young, fresh, spontaneous and fun.
So, here I am, accepting the award that she has kindly nominated me for and as promised, here are my answers totally honest. No overthinking.
So, what is the Liebster Award?
Originating in Germany in 2011, the Liebster Award 2017 is an online award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster translates to sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers that have the potential to grow and become successful influencers within the blogosphere.
- Thank the person who has nominated you
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 5-11 blogs, let them know about the nomination
- Ask them 11 questions
Now the questions that all of you are probably waiting for after reading Shalini’s instructions to me:
- Alfred Lord Tennyson says it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all – what do you believe and why?
Love just happens. You don’t think it, calculate it or plan it. So if it does, then you’re a lucky person. To love and to loose is painful but that feeling of being in love, looking forward to seeing that someone, the pain of separation and getting back is one journey worth taking but it’s certainly not easy.
2. What’s your favorite song?
“I will always love you” by Whitney Houston and “Greatest Love of All” again by Whitney Houston. I think both songs define me and how I feel as a person.
3. Whom would you marry/or be in a relationship with: someone whom you love but he/she doesn’t love you or someone who loves you but you don’t love him/her
I don’t believe in unrequited love. I’m a die-hard romantic (love romantic songs, movies) but I value my self-respect a little too much to marry someone who does not love me. I’d rather go for someone who loves me but I don’t love him. I’m certain, overtime, I will fall in love with such a person because as they say “Love conquers all” 🙂
4. What is your favorite past time/hobby in the real world (and no, blogging cannot be your answer, internet is nonexistent for this answer)
When the weather is good, I would love to go for walks all day long. I love the company of nature and this love is second to none. In case of bad weather, I’d rather read, write or rearrange the house (love setting it up).
5. What’s your favorite comfort food?
Has to be chocolate… Hands down… Without doubt. I wrote a poem on my love for chocolate because I felt it would be unfair not to write on that one thing that never fails to let me down. NaPoWriMo : Day 27 – For The Love Of Chocolate
6. If you find true love outside your committed relationship, would you commit infidelity, emotional and/or physical??
As romantic as I am, I would never commit infidelity. Call me boring or whatever but my principles are too deeply embedded to let me do any of it. If ever such an occasion did arise, I would nip it in the bud. If you can’t go on, break it and move on but when you’re in a relation, don’t cheat! Cheating is lame.
I don’t even enjoy movies which promote infidelity- hated “Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” or “Life in a Metro”.
7. What’s your favorite tipple/ drink? Alcoholic / non alcoholic
Alcoholic would be sweet wine (don’t drink anything other than that). Non- alcoholic would be pina colada.
8. Do you say things just for the heck of saying things, or do you mean your words?? Answer honestly, as there are no judgements here. Real life is pretty tough and challenging.
Ha ha…good question. Ask my friends that and you’ll get a smile. I don’t mince words. Say it exactly as it is or don’t say it at all. That does not mean I’d be rude or I’d hurt someone but when I say it, I mean it.
9. Which part of the globe are you from and what is the weather like at this moment? I would like to know the temperature in Celsius/ Fahrenheit too.
I’m from India, currently located in the Middle East and it’s a pleasant 27 degrees Celsius here (80.6 degrees Fahrenheit), now.
10. What would be your favorite revenge if your partner has betrayed you or hurt you badly? You can go all out in your imagination with this.
I’m really not sure about it. Haven’t ever thought of it. Don’t think I will take revenge. Will probably just walk out and hate him. I have probably too much pride to mess my hands with revenge ( I know I sound boring now but Shalini, you asked me to be honest, not creative :)).
11. Long distance online relationship with one true love with no chance of meeting ever or a real physical relationship in real world but no true love – what would you prefer? And why?
Long Distance online relationship with one true love. When it’s with true love, it’s more interesting and exciting than a physical relationship with no true love. Checking the mailbox to see if you’ve received an email, the feeling of warmth when you receive one and you can’t help but smiling when you read that email and then going to bed replaying each word again and again in your head is my kind of love.
12. After answering all these questions honestly, would you like to be nominated by me for future awards with such well thought of questions?? This is an optional question…
Actually I enjoyed answering your questions Shalini…though I don’t know if you found my answers interesting enough to nominate me for any other award 🙂
Now for the nominees which is always the difficult part
Congratulations on the award. There is no obligation to take part but it’s my way of saying, you’ll are great at what you do.
My questions are as below. If you’d rather answer Shalini’s questions (the ones I have answered above), please go ahead. The choice is entirely yours.
- Which sun-sign do you find yourself most compatible with?
- Why did you take up blogging? Is it just a past-time or is it the beginning of your dream of becoming an author?
- Your all-time favorite movie?
- What are the 5 things that you are immensely grateful for?
- How do you like spending the weekend?
- What does your name mean? Do you like it or would you have loved to change it?
- Would your friends call you on open book or is it difficult to know you?
- If you could somewhere other than where you’re living, where would it be?
- What is the one characteristic you hate in people?
- Which is the one value you have that you wouldn’t change for the world?
- Any question from Shalini’s list above. You can choose and answer.
Thanks again Shalini for the award. Receiving it on my husband’s birthday yesterday was memorable and your questions made it interesting. To all the nominees, congratulations again. Hoping you do participate.
Copyright©,2017. lifeateacher.wordpress.com. All Rights Reserved.